Sharing the road with buses isn’t always easy. When there is a crash involving one, it has the potential to be catastrophic, whether you’re on the bus or in another vehicle. The auto accident attorneys serving Camden County here at the Law Offices of Vincent J. Ciecka, P.C. are dedicated to helping clients who’ve suffered injuries due to an accident involving a bus.
Unfortunately, even pedestrians and children are sometimes struck by buses. These incidents could be caused by poorly devised bus routes, inexperienced bus drivers, the insufficient number of aids and help on the bus and companies’ failure to properly train and supervise their drivers.
It is very likely that insurance companies will employ aggressive lawyers that will prioritize avoiding paying any claims to save money. Using our decades of experience serving as not just auto accident attorneys, but also handling all types of personal injury cases, we are well aware of how these insurance companies tend to operate. They are very unlikely to agree to a settlement without lawyers being involved. Here’s what we advise:
- Call 9-1-1. If you or anyone else has suffered injuries, seek medical assistance immediately. Even if you feel fine, we still recommend that you see a medical professional. You may not realize the injury until hours or even days later. You’ll also want to file a report with the authorities.
- Don’t talk to the other party. Avoid talking to the bus driver or any other drivers; unless it’s to help them receive medical assistance in case of an emergency. Anything you say can be used against you when seeking compensation for your damages and injuries so be sure not to admit any guilt or fault.
- Gather information from other injured bus passengers and witnesses. Evidence of passengers’ injuries can strengthen your case. Witnesses that testify on your behalf can also help immensely to ask for their contact information as well.
- Gather the bus driver’s information. Ask the bus driver for their license number, car registration information, contact information and insurance documentation as well as information regarding the company they work for. Take pictures of these documents if they allow it.
- Document evidence. Take pictures of all of your vehicle’s damage. Take notes of any details about the incident while it’s fresh in your mind. Even if it seems insignificant, it may come in handy later.
And of course, call us right away! These days, many buses have cameras. We’ll make sure that evidence doesn’t mysteriously “disappear.”
If you fall victim to a bus accident, suffering injuries that could even result in lost wages or disability, please contact us at the Law Offices of Vincent J. Ciecka, P.C. We represent clients dealing with workplace accidents, medical malpractice, product liability and workers’ compensation among other matters. Call 856-283-0589 to schedule your free consultation with a personal injury lawyer in the Camden County area today.