5709 Westfield Ave,
Pennsauken Township, NJ 08110

1515 Market St Suite 1200-B
Philadelphia, PA 19110

Why Do I Need Homeowners Insurance?

What if someone trips and falls down your stairs?
Or what if a branch falls off of a tree and lands on a visitor?

It is important to have a good homeowners insurance policy that can help you if someone suffers an injury while that person is on your property. Even if it was an accident, you could be held responsible. Liability coverage can help to prevent you from paying for the resulting damages of the incident.

The following are some examples of how the right homeowners insurance policy can protect you in situations like the above.

Medical Bills
If a person suffers an injury on your property, you could be held responsible for the expenses – even if they have health insurance – if it’s determined that the injury occurred due to your negligence. For example, if you failed to fix that uneven flooring by the stairs or take down that broken branch, and then those circumstances lead to the injury, you will be liable. You may also be held responsible for the pain and suffering that the person may go through.

If the injury results in their inability to work, you could be liable for the wages they are losing out on.

Legal Costs
You will need a lawyer if someone tries to sue you. Liability coverage can help cover your legal fees, whether you’re found responsible for the damages or not.

Set Your Limits Wisely
Homeowners coverage will only pay up to the dollar limit previously set. When selecting a homeowners insurance policy, remember that if a liability judgment exceeds your coverage limit, you could be responsible for making up the difference.

We handle cases involving homeowner’s insurance which also covers injuries arising from fights, dog bites, swimming pool or trampoline accidents, and other premises injuries. If there is an accident you must report it to the homeowners, and if you suffer an injury, be sure to photograph and document the condition of the property. Seek medical help immediately and then contact us.

If you aren’t sure what type of liability coverage you should choose for your homeowners insurance policy, contact the slip and fall lawyers serving NJ and PA at The Law Offices of Vincent J. Ciecka, P.C. We are here to inform you about the differences in liability coverage options so you can select what is right for you. If you need a car accident lawyer in Pennsylvania, give us a call at 856-283-0589 or fill out a contact form on our website to schedule a free consultation.